Need help to tackle a room (or house) out of control? It's easy to let things slide, but these resources can help get your home back.
Don Aslett has written a bunch of books that I found helpful: he's a professional cleaner with amazing ideas on thorough cleaning with efficiency. Start here if you need a cleaning coach.
2. The magazine my mom used to read - Woman's Day - is online with tips for quickly cleaning a house.
3. If you thrive on time management ("I have 1 - or 5 or 10 - minutes, so what can I get done?"), these Housewives checklists are for you!
4. Martha Stewart on laundry. Check out the other great tips on her website.
5. WikiHow is amazingly practical about cleaning a child's room.
Keep in mind:
- To have a home is a gift, whether it's rented or owned. Many people have never had a place to call their own.
- Your house reflects your state of mind and your taste.
- That said, rich or poor is not the issue. You can be clean or dirty in either.
- Hospitality is your gift to the world. Invite the world in!
- People love you because you're nice "people," not because of your house or fancy furnishings.